Production Director, North Carolina (Raleigh area) APPLY NOW
We are actively seeking a Director of Apparel Production to join our growing team at Through6, a disruptive on-demand cut & sew vertical manufacturing solution. The primary purpose of this position is to manage/supervise our cut & sew apparel production and implement new processes to ensure productivity and efficiency. The candidate will need to be a detail-oriented, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Assertive with extensive knowledge of process optimization and an unsurpassed work ethic.
- Ensure the production flow/lines are optimized to ensure product consistency and efficiency
- Implement measures for quality assurance; help identify areas for improvement
- Supervise our production team of associates, and our various sublimation & DTG production stations (from printing, pressing, sewing to finishing); institute accountability across the board
- Extensive knowledge of process optimization and an unsurpassed work ethic
- Supervise/communicate to production team to set clear objectives and expectations
- Work with our order management system to automate production flow and cycles; ensure on-time turnarounds of orders
- Collaborate with other teams such as sewing, pressing, product development, to create cost effective solutions while meeting on time delivery
- Monitor and uphold quality standards in production, such as fit, construction, and appearance
- Develop and manage costings of Through6's product offerings; ensuring margin goals
- Assist in other areas of operations, including inventory & fabric management
- Proactively trouble-shoot and recommend solutions for factory flow efficiency
- Strong project management skills, including organization, leadership, negotiation, risk management, and team management
- Excellent understanding of on-demand production as it relates to the fashion industry
- Understanding of garment construction details, as well as, technical knowledge of production
- Must understand production cuts and be able to keep inventory balanced at all times
- Strong knowledge of specification management, textiles, product costing, fabric yields
- Detail oriented and dead-line driven with a strong sense of urgency to deliver positive results
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow through in precise detail
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Must take on a hands on role to help expedite the flow of production
- Willing to work long hours and some weekends
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Must be Mac & PC proficient;Intermediate to Advanced level Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Specification Management Programs.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years of industry experience directly related to cut & sew apparel, sample making, production and fulfillment is a must.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the Through6, LLC provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. Through6, LLC hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Through6, LLC reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees.
Through6, LLC also provides a work environment in which each employee is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation, bullying, discrimination or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.|||Sanford, North Carolina|||||||||yUmx7QIR6wMHV3Pp|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false